Friday, June 20, 2008

Thad's Cardiologist Check up



Yesterday (Thursday) Thad had his cardiologist check up. I was nervous going into it because it had been 6 weeks since we last saw Dr. Brames. Of course Dr. Brames put all my worries away when he said "he looks great!" The echo was good, his aortic arch did show a tiny bit of narrowing but not enough to do anything about it. He said it is to be expected to have a little narrowing. During the echo's Thad likes to help Alicia with the wand. I guess he's been through enough of them he could probably do it himself!



Dr. Brames also said his mitral valve looked good and said hopefully it is years down the road before we will have to do anything with the valve. Yea!!!!!!!! Thad is officially off all his medicines!!! That is a good thing because Thad knew when the syringe was coming and would close his lips so I couldn't get to his mouth! He is weighing in at exactly 18 lbs. I was guessing around 20 lbs since he has been gaining weight like crazy lately but maybe he'll start to slow down on his weight. He defintely isn't slowing down on eating though!!!!! His next cardiologist appointment is in 2 months!! I asked Dr. Brames if he was sure about the 2 months and he said yes so I guess he knows best! Here is a picture with Thad and our favorite cardiologist, Dr. Brames.




We are so thankful Thad is doing so well. I hope he never has to go through another heart procedure again. Thanks for all the continued support and prayers for Thad, they definately help!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I have tears in my eyes. Good job, little man!! You're a big, strong boy and we're very proud of you. xoxoxo

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

So very glad you are doing so so well!! What a cute baby you are, can't wait to see you.