Monday, February 13, 2012

Oliver- 8 Months


Oliver is 8 months old already.  He is showing more of his personality every day.  He uses his voice to tell us if he is mad or happy!  I can officially say his first word is Momma.  At first he was just making the mmm sound but now it is clearly Momma.  He will say it if I leave the room or if Adam is holding him and he wants me.  



He hasn't really started crawling just yet.  He gets on all fours and rocks back and forth.  He can move around on his belly by scooting and pivoting.  He mostly pushes himself backwards to get somewhere and then he will get his leg stuck under the couch. Silly boy.


He started off in the center of the room sitting up and managed to get over to the kitchen area.


He loves to play peek-a-boo.  He would put his blanket over his face and bring it down with the biggest smile.


Peek-a-boo!


He also destroys things.  He has his basket of toys and he gets over to them and dumps them all out.  Thad has made a few comments that it is messy in the living room but he didn't do it, Oliver did.


After he dumped his toys he went for the basket of burp rags and dumped those out too. It keeps him occupied for a few minutes.  


He is trying out a sippy cup with water and seems to like chewing on it instead.  He loves to eat.  Sometimes I have to hide what I eat because he grunts at me and gives me a smile that says "I want some!" I am making his baby food and he gums other foods like pasta and bread.  Thad is a good help and feeds his brother.  Ollie ends up with food everywhere but Thad likes to help.  No teeth yet and I keep saying those bottom ones are going to come through any day.  

I don't have the heart to kick him out of bed yet even though I'm really ready for a good night sleep without being smooshed between Ollie and Adam (I'm sure Adam is ready too so he isn't hanging off the bed!).  We kicked Thad out when he turned 8 months but honestly I don't want to do the "cry it out" technique so I figured I can do it a little longer for him :) Plus I get more snuggle time because before I know it he will be too busy to give his momma snuggles.  

1 comment:

rene said...

Oh my gosh he is so absolutely *adorable*! This blog post has made my entire day.

<3
Rene