Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bouncing Baby BOY!


We had our fetal echo yesterday where they had a good look at the baby's heart.  I'm so happy to say our baby boy has a perfect heart and is very healthy! In fact they said it a few times about how BIG he is already and that he is in the 95th percentile.  He is over 1 lb but I guess at this stage that's big! They also said I was measuring about 1-2 weeks ahead of my due date.  My due date was March 8th but that could change once I talk with my regular OB.  I've gone 1-2 weeks early in the past so this could be a February baby.  The heart looked perfect with the four chambers and perfect aortic arch.  Those are what we can recognize for sure because of Emma and Thad's past history.  As of right now the Dr. didn't think we needed any other follow ups with our Cardiologist because they didn't see anything that concerned them.  He was very active today and moving all over the place.  Adam and I feel so blessed to have another miracle on the way.  It's such a relief to hear your baby is healthy.  We thank God for the gifts he has given us.  And it's another BOY! I'm really out numbered now. I was sure it was a little girl,  I had several dreams that it was so maybe my other little girl is down the road.....right Adam!?!? I love my boys and can't wait to add another crazy boy to the mix! Thad had wanted a brother all along but I was trying to prepare him in case it was a little sister and when I told him he was having a brother he said "but I thought you wanted a sister!?!?!" It was really cute how he said it but I told him we take what God gives us and God thought we needed a brother so we are so happy!

I have to share a story with you.  We really haven't picked any boy names out but have liked a few over the years.  We liked Ethan, Thomas and Andrew.  A lady we know from our church just by saying "hi" every week saw Adam at the Y one morning and came up to him and told him she had a dream about us last night.  She dreamt that we needed to read Mark 3:18.  She didn't know why and didn't even know what it said but for some reason that bible verse was sticking out in her mind for us.  Adam told me about it as we were sitting in the waiting room of our appointment and once he started we got called back so I didn't get a chance to really read it.  All he said was Thaddeus's name was in it.  We read the verse later and here is what it says:

Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Cananaean

It doesn't say a lot but has all boy names in it.  I think she knew we were having a boy and the first name on the list is Andrew! I told Adam maybe we should choose a name from this list but my number one would be Andrew! We are sticking to our Saint names so whatever name we give this baby it will be a special meaning with a Saint name.

Thank you for keeping our family in your prayers.  Prayers are so powerful and we appreciate all of them.  We are so excited for our new addition.




2 comments:

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

Great post....You know how much I love love love Andrew Ervin....Cora didn't want to be a boy:( LOL darn girl!!! Hahahaha We love her but I'm 99% sure we are done! He could go by Andrew, Drew, Ervin, or A.E.!!! LOL I'll stop! So happy he is a healthy little baby!!!!

Brooke said...

That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you and your wonderful family. And you know three boys in a row is nothing but...FUN! Congratulations!