Sunday, July 26, 2009

Special Memories................Blessing 30

I have never posted pictures of Emma's headstone and bench on our blog. If you followed Emma's carepage you know we feed the squirrels at the cemetary every Sunday after church. We even named them when we first started going out there. Gus Gus was our favorite, he was a little fat one and of course the other favorite was Mia the black squirrel. When we used to go we would see anywhere from 5-10 squirrels come and eat the peanuts and seeds. It's like they new our vehicle and as soon as we pulled up they came running for dinner. We didn't dare come without food!!! It is comforting going to the cemetary and seeing and feeding the squirrels. We know Emma is in Heaven and this is just her resting spot and a place for us to visit.

Lately we haven't seen too many squirrels. They must have found a new little hang out spot to visit. We still bring the peanuts for them to enjoy later in the week.

We went to the cemetary today and Thad actually got to get out of the vehicle this time. He is either sleeping or it was raining the last few times we have been there.

I told Thad to give Emma a kiss and this is what I captured. It made me sad and happy at the same time. Sad because she is no longer here and happy for the love Thad is giving to his sister.





Thad was making sure the peanuts were in the dish just right for the squirrels. He plopped right down and started playing with the peanuts! We didn't see any today so that was a bummer, I'm sure Thad would have enjoyed feeding them.

This time of year is always the hardest. Her birthday is next weekend and it's still so clear the day she was born. August through November is also a special time because it was the time she was here with us. You never know what life will throw at you or where you will end up. Take each day slow, enjoy every minute of it and spend time with the ones you love.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Beth said...

I have to say this post made my heart ache. What a special baby. But I'm so glad you posted it and I love seeing the pics of Thad sharing in the memory of his big sis. Love you guys.
xoxoxo

Kathy K said...

Emma has the most beautiful and perfect place to keep her in our memory. For those who haven't been there, it is in the older and established part of the cemetery with a great old tree on her corner. Mountains are in the background. It is wonderful and peaceful place. Adam and Mindy gave Emma a wonderful memorial!!!

Jason Younger-Letters In Grace said...

It makes my smile but also makes me want to cry. Sometimes I am caught off guard by the memory of Emma and I am always surprized how quickly and easily tears are stirred up. I'm always happy about that because I don't ever want to see the day where I can think of her and not have those tender feelings. I will NEVER forget what amazing things we saw God do for her, through her and before us! Little bro looks like such a big boy! With the recent events again in our family, I am again reminded to be thankful for every single day. Happy Birthday Emma Girl! Can't wait to see you again!

Luci said...

Man oh man this was hard to read.!!!!!! Cant believe it has been 3 years since Emma was born...Seems like yesterday.....We all miss her... That picture of Thad kissing her was awesome....Happy Birthday Emma Girl...Love & Miss you daily..Grandpa & Grandma Knopp

Sheila said...

What a precious picture! We will never forget your little girl. I still remember the day you and Adam brough Emma by HR to say hi. We came outside and there she was in her stroller with her hoodie on and she gave us a big smile. Thank you for sharing her with us. I miss her and think about her often. Love you all and will be praying.