Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday Thad!

Well, it's official. We have a 4 year old! In the past few months Thad has turned into a such a big boy.  A big boy that doesn't want to take naps anymore (sigh).  He would rather take a "rest" in mommy's bed and watch cartoons.  He understands more, he still has meltdowns but not as many, he helps me more around the house and is great with his little brother.  He says and does the funniest things.  He thinks if he asks me to do something for him and adds the word beautiful to the end I will do it.  For example, he'll say "Mommy, will you get my baby (blanket) for me, beautiful???" Then he gives me this little head nod with a sweet smile.  How can I resist that!  He is my little helper around the house and reminds me if I forget to do something, even if I told him he couldn't play with a toy because he was being naughty and I forgot, he will remind me and say, "remember mommy, I can't play with my toy because I was a bad boy." Then he promises a thousand times he will never be a naughty boy again. Ha!

Thad is definitely all boy! He is rough, tough and not afraid of anything! He loves riding his bike, wrestling with daddy, and going to the park.  Being this rough tough boy he is also a sensitive boy which I love.  He can cry easily but he also is concerned when he see's something that isn't right.



This year we decided to do a pirate party with his friends from preschool.  We made pirate chocolate suckers for his snack at school.  They were a big hit! He is having a pirate party later today with about 10 other 3-4 year olds! Oh boy, it will be a fun time :)



I found this treasure chest unfinished at the store and Adam stained it, added handles and a padlock so he can keep his treasures in it.  I painted the letters and added the skulls to it.  It turned out so cute! 



Our pirate birthday boy!



We are so blessed to have Thad as our son.  He is sweet, sensitive, funny, loving, and caring.  I can't wait to see the man he will grow up to be, just as long as it doesn't come too fast! Happy birthday to my big 4 year old!

No comments: