Friday, April 20, 2012

Officially a stay at home mom!

I have been on a leave of absence from my job at the School District for the past 10 months.  I decided to take a leave of absence for one year after Oliver was born to see if we could afford to keep me at home.  I am happy to report I resigned from my job last week! It felt really great turning my resignation letter in.  District 11 has been great to me for the past 9 years.  I started in Human Resources as an intern right after college in 2003.  A job at the front desk became available and I got the job.  I then moved to an administrative assistant for one of the HR directors.  Through the past years they have been so understanding with everything in our lives.  I will always be grateful for the friendships I have built while working there.  I am so excited to be able to stay at home with my boys.  Being a stay at home mom is no walk in the park! Its great to be home and so rewarding but it's a tough job! I have also been watching a little 6 month old for the past few months.  We met through Mended Little Hearts and it has been great having him a few days a week.  Oliver and him have started interacting and like to reach out for each other.  This little boy has also had two heart surgeries and its a blessing to have him in our life.  Sometimes it can get a little crazy with a 4 year old, 10 month old and 6 month old but we have a good time and it helps that both babies are really good! Thad is my big helper (most of the time!)

No comments: