Sunday, November 9, 2008

I Will Make Your Heart Whole Again

Daddy, please don't look so sad, Mama please don't cry cause I am in the arms of Jesus and He sings me lullabies. Please try not to question God, don't think he is unkind, don't think He sent me to you, and then He changed his mind. You see, I am a special child, and I'm needed up above. I'm the special gift you gave Him, the product of your love. I'll always be there with you and watch the sky at night, find the brightest star that's gleaming, that's my halo's brilliant light. You'll see me in the morning frost, that mists your window pane. That's me in the summer showers, I'll be dancing in the rain. When you feel a little breeze, from a gentle wind that blows that's me, I'll be there planting a kiss on your nose. When you see a child playing, and your heart feels a little tug, that's me, I'll be there giving your heart a hug. So Daddy, please don't look so sad, Mama don't you cry cause I'm in the arms of Jesus and He sings me lullabies.
~Claudette T. Allen

It's hard to believe two years ago today Emma went to be with Jesus. She is in a much better place with a "whole" heart. She changed our lives so much and we couldn't imagine where we would be today if we never had met her. We are so thankful God chose us to be her parents and care for her while she was on this earth. She was sent to us for a reason and a purpose. She taught us so much and brought us closer to God. She fulfilled her purpose in only three months and one week. Emma was sent here with a special heart and changed our lives forever. She will always be our first born child and now she is a Saint in Heaven who we can talk and pray to. Thad will always know about his big sister and how special she is in our lives. We know we will be with her again but until then she is looking down on us and watching over all of us.
A friend posted this on Emma's care page, I think it says it all.
"I Will Make Your Heart Whole Again"

It's a beautiful day up in Heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels to go live on earth and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay and that she is just going for a visit. She is still not swayed on this idea so Jesus kneels down and says, "how about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you, will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared. She asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will, I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says "When you are born, your mommy and daddy will be scared, so you have to be strong and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family, play and laugh everyday. And when its time to come back to Heaven, I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken just torn between two loves."


If you are a mom, dad, aunt, uncle, grandma or grandpa give all those special children in your life a hug and a kiss and always remember to tell them how much they mean to you. You never know where life will take you or what God has planned for you so make every moment count and remember, the will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you.

6 comments:

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

We love you angel Emma! Words can't say how much she is loved and missed. Emma you brought so much into our family we will never be the same.

T said...

Blessings on you guys today...and every day. What a precious reminder of what's really important! Thank you for your story...for sharing your vulnerability...for how you've allowed God to work in your lives through this. Thank you! Love you guys!

Beth said...

We love you so much. Thank you for the moving post. xoxoxo

Luci said...

DURING THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS EMMA SURE HAS BEEN ON OUR MINDS A LOT. I'M SURE HER GREAT GRANDPARENTS ARE HOLDING HER IN HEAVEN. WE REMEMBER ALL THE SPECIAL MOMENTS THAT SHE HAD WHILE SHE WAS WITH US. WE MISS YOU EMMA..YOUR LITTLE BROTHER THAD IS SUCH A JOY. LOVE GRANDMA & GRANDPA KNOPP

Sue Knopp said...

Sweet Emma:
We are thankful to have you in heaven watching over us! You brought us all such wonderful blessings and helped us remember to be kind to each other, for we never know the time we will have to be together. We see your picture in our house everyday and whisper a little prayer to keep us close to God and each other. You touched our lives in such a special way...thank you for being the sweet little angel you are!
Tony, Sue, and Emily Knopp

Brooke said...

Thank you for sharing these special thoughts with us. I read your post earlier in the week and didn't comment but I keep thinking about you guys. Maybe it's because my little Claire is 3 months and 1 week old and this has just really touched me and I can't help but think of you guys. As difficult as this must have been for you I just wanted to let you know that I am so amazed at your outlook and how positive you are. I am sure there are days that are harder than others but I can only hope that if I am faced with a trial I will use it to touch others as you have-turn it into something positive instead of being bitter. What a gift for Thad! You are truly an inspiration. Little Emma was blessed to come to your family and Thad is blessed to have an angel sister and wonderful parents who make sure he knows her. Thank you for reminding us of what is important showing us that God can and does work through each of us.