Friday, January 29, 2010

Thad's 2 year check up

Today was Thad's 2 year checkup with our pediatrician Dr. Hoover. He weighed 30 lbs and was 34 inches tall. He is in the 50% tile for height and 70% for weight! He didn't have to sit on a baby scale anymore! He got to stand like a big boy on the big scale and stand up against the wall to be measured!!! Thad did good during his checkup but after Dr. Hoover was finished doing his exam Thad wanted to examine Dr. Hoover! Of course the one day I didn't bring my camera! It was so cute to see Thad listening to Dr. Hoover's belly with the stethoscope. He had to get one shot and he was NOT happy. I think this is the most he has cried during his shots. He saw the bandaid when we got home and cried again! At the end of the check up he gave Dr. Hoover a BIG hug! At least he's not afraid to go to the Dr.
When we were in the waiting room there was this little girl who came up to Thad who was probably about 3-4 years old. She was very cute and they just stared at each other. Thad kept telling her hi and she was telling us stories about her nails being painted! Her mom was checking in at the front desk and called over to her and said "come here Emma!" It made my heart skip a beat! I knew she was special with a name of Emma!!!!

1 comment:

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

Glad Thad is growing so well!! Emma is a name that will always give me chills for the better! When I hear her name it makes me so happy. I always think of you guys for the rest of the day when I hear her little name. Makes me sad too and I wish she was here but know she is in a good place. Thad your such a cute little man we love to see you grow!