Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Counting Sheep....or Counting Names

This is Thad's third night in his big boy bed! The first night went really well until he fell out of bed :( When we put him to bed he stayed in bed and fell asleep fast. We were shocked he didn't get out of bed and try to play with all his toys! At 10:30 I heard a THUD and a cry.....he fell out of bed. I put him back in, tucked him in and went back to bed. At 11:00 I heard another THUD and cry.....he fell out of bed again. So after the second time we knew it wasn't going to work. We had a bed rail from when he slept with us so we got that out and set that up. At 11:30 I heard another THUD and a BIG cry.....this time he fell in between the bed and bed rail. At midnight we decided to put the crib back together! Thad loved it because he was playing with his toys wide-a-wake! After Adam got the crib back together he went back to sleep. I felt so bad for him falling out of bed-it wasn't a big fall, but for him to be sleeping and all of a sudden he wakes up and is on the floor!
The next night Adam fixed the bedrail so it is very tight with screws in the floor holding it tight! He did great last night and is so excited to crawl into bed each night.
Every night he has a routine for bedtime. We all go into his room, he shuts the light off and crawls into bed. He points to his chin which means for me to tickle his face. He chugs his milk and we sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" He asks about a few people (Nana, Papa, etc) and then he goes to bed. He usually yells for me one more time which means he is delaying sleep and wants another drink, more tickles and another song. Tonight I went into his room and he went through about every name he new! He starts off with Papa, Nana, Moak-moak(Smokey my parents dog), Sue, Tony, Emily, Denali and Buddy (my Aunt's dogs), Macie, Mia, Dada, Momma, Chauchi, Sid (from Sid the Science Kid!).............I tell him that they are all sleeping and that he needs to go to sleep!
He's so funny and I love when he starts naming all the names he knows. It's funny to see him trying to think of the next name he wants to say. I guess he doesn't like to count sheep but rather say all the names he knows!

3 comments:

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

To funny!! What a good boy!! Wish we could see you all more:o(

Beth said...

This has nothing to do w/ this post but I just wanted to tell you how much I miss little Emma. I was telling my nurse your story and showed her your blog and was remembering Emma's life. The nurse said "She's beautiful" and I had to agree. She thought Thad was pretty cute, too.
Love you guys.

Mindy said...

We miss little Emma too! She is such a big part of our lives and is doing great things for our family. I have no doubt that she is holding Jude's hand every step of the way!