Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Younger Family is Growing!

We found out early October that we are having another baby! We are VERY excited and so is Thad. He might not understand where the baby is right now but he lifts up my shirt to see the baby in the belly. He loves to tell people that Mommy is having a baby! He was the one who told our families and some understood it right away and some needed a little help! He says he wants a baby sister so we'll see if he is getting a sister or a brother. I'm sure he will be happy either way. He doesn't understand that he is going to have to share his mommy yet but he will also be a big help.

I am definitely feeling the sickness with this one. It's an all day sickness. I have always had this thing about my neck when I am pregnant. It feels like someone is grabbing my neck from the inside. It's a constant choking feeling and I have to wear my hair back and no necklaces! It's crazy but it has been this way with the other pregnancies. I'm usually good after the first trimester so I'm hoping in another month it will be gone! Believe it or not I already have a baby bump! I guess with the 3rd pregnancy your muscles are stretched out and I look 3-4 months pregnant! A lot of people have asked if we are having twins! I guess we'll see in a few months.

We had our first Dr.'s appointment this week and I am about 2 months along and due June 15th. We are very lucky to be able to have another baby and are praying for a healthy baby with a healthy heart. We have a high percentage rate to have another baby born with a heart defect but we are praying for the best. God already knows our baby's plans and either way we are ready to accept it and see what the future brings for us. We will know more at our first ultrasound probably in January. I will have the best Dr.'s looking over this one so he/she will be in good hands.

Please keep this little one in your prayers and we will continue to update as we go. We are very excited for this next journey in our life!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow! What exciting, happy news! What a lucky baby to be part of your family. So happy for you guys! Thad's going to be such a cute big brother.

I had to laugh at your thing with your neck. I have the same thing. I can't even stand when my t-shirt collar touches my neck during that first trimester. Ha! Hopefully the sickness part will be over soon for you.

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

After you called us I prayed you would have healthy twins so that Thad could have a brother and they both could take care of a sister!! It was funny you said that later when we talked:o) We are sooooo happy for you guys and can't wait to see what you have!!! I'm thinking 3 babies would be nice also!!! I'll come help!

Mindy said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has neck issues Brooke!! My shirt, hair and anything else that touches my neck bothers me!! I wish I could shave my head and wear tubetops for the first few months!!

Ha Jena, not sure I could hand two or three at one time!! You would have to come help us!!

Krayca said...

Congrats , we are really happy for you guys!

acceptance said...

This soooo special as will the little one (s) will be.... you beat the odds on the heart defects to get that, so you can play the other end of the spectrum now and have a baby with a perfect heart!!!Best of luck and congratulations.