Saturday, July 26, 2008

Confessions Of A Mini Van Mom

If you would have asked me 5 years ago if I would ever drive a mini van, the answer would have been HECK NO! Well, we have traded in our 2007 Mazda 6 for a 2005 Kia Sedona! We have been searching the lots for a few weeks and found a good deal on a van this weekend. I know its just the three of us (for now) but Thad has alot of stuff! His carseat barely fit in the back seat of our Mazda, then with the stroller, diaper bag, toys, etc... we needed more space! Now we have plenty of space for all his many accessories. I can easily jump in the back seat if he is fussy and the coolest part is that it has a DVD player in it! I won't say that was my only selling point but it came high on the list! It won't only be great for Thad when he gets older to keep him occupied while we drive to Kansas but it will keep me occupied while we drive to Kansas! I'm looking forward to trying it out next weekend when we make our trip to Tribune, KS.

I will miss our little Mazda and the great gas mileage it got but the Kia isn't too too bad on gas mileage and it will help us pay off the vehicle sooner than we would have on the Mazda. (Remember my post a few weeks back about getting out of debt with Dave Ramsey's help, this will speed up the process!)

5 comments:

Beth said...

OH NO!! You got a MINIVAN :-0 Just kidding. Whatever works, right?! Thad looks comfy and that's all that matters.
xoxoxo

Luci said...

you will love all the room..little man looks good in there...love mom

Kathy K said...

Hey, you forgot to mention that the pug will like the room too!! I am glad you found something that works. I miss the days of driving boats where you could get four kids in the back seat!! That will never happen again.

Mindy said...

I did forget Chauchi! He does love his mini van too. Now maybe he won't have to sit on my lap for 3 hours, now he can ride on the floor!

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

You go Chauchi I'm glad you can go on road trips!! I would sure hate to see you not come to Tribune. Bring your baby, because Hoss is going to stay home in AC and won't chew up your baby. Thad your looking like a big boy in your car seat. Drive safe to Tribune!!