Sunday, July 6, 2008

Rocky Mountain Adventures


Thad took his first trip to the Mountains! My Aunt and Uncle own a condo in Fraser, CO so we met them and my parents and grandmother there for the weekend. It was so peaceful there and a nice weekend getaway. Thad did pretty good but I think he was affected by the higher altitude. We did check with our cardiologist before we went to make sure he would be okay going to about 8500 ft. elevation.

We went for a nice 2 mile walk, made smores by the fire, watched movies, went fishing and watched fireworks! Thad liked it all but the fishing! I'm not sure what I was thinking taking a 5 month old to go fishing! Here I thought it was going to be this nice area with shade and only take 30 minutes, boy was I wrong! We were in the open sun on a dirt road watching everyone fish. Good thing it wasn't hot and we had a nice breeze. Thad hung out mostly in his shaded stroller or under the umbrella with me and my Grandmother. I wasn't too smart and didn't put sunscreen on myself and now I am beat red.









Thad sat up on his own for the first time too! He can go about 10-20 seconds and then he falls over but its a good start.

3 comments:

Kathy K said...

Why live in Colorado and not got to the mountains!! Sounds like a good get away. Gald you were all able to go and I know it was a lot cooler than here (102) And Thad looks so big sitting up...

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

Glad you guys had a good time. Can't wait to see you all this week!

Beth said...

Looks like fun!!!