Sunday, June 20, 2010

Kansas Getaway

Thad and I headed to Russell last week. We went to visit my parents and all the cousins! My mom had surgery so we wanted to help her out. Thad had so much fun playing with all of his cousins. He got a new bike which he loved riding while Shayna, Hannah and Macie rode their bikes.
He even got a motorcycle ride from Papa!

It was so hot and humid in Kansas! I forgot how hot it gets. We went to the pool one day and the kids had a blast! Their was a frog slide that Thad loved going down all by himself! I spent so much time putting sunscreen on all the kids that I didn't put any on myself and am still paying for it 5 days later. My back is fried! It is still so red and it is itchy and painful! I think I learned my lesson for next time.



The kids had fun running through the sprinkler on those hot days!

Macie, Shayna, Avery, Jaelynne, Dawson, Hannah and Thad

This was such a funny shot! They can't eat in the living room so they all sit on the stairs while eating their icecream. They were concentrating very hard on the icecream!

We had such a good time in Kansas. It was super hot but we survived. We went to the park and played on the swings, went to a few garage sales and played played played!

We even went to Salina to visit Adam's Grandparents and Dad. They enjoyed seeing Thad and he had fun playing in the backyard. Adam's grandparents just celebrated their 62nd Anniversary!

On the way back to Colorado we stopped in Goodland to see Adam's sisters Jill and Jena. It was Maddix's (left) 2nd birthday so we got to wish him a happy birthday! Little Josh (right) will turn 2 next week!

It's always nice to be home and sleep in your own bed! Adam missed Thad alot and he was very excited to see us. He thought Thad had changed in the week we were gone!

Thanks for a great trip mom and dad!

No comments: