Saturday, September 10, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We went back to Kansas to my parents cabin at the lake for labor day.  Both my sister and brother's family also made it back.  

The weather was beautiful and I probably didn't pack enough long sleeves! Thad discovered a DS Nintendo.  He wouldn't let that thing go all weekend.  He LOVED it.  Luckily he has forgot about it for now but I see us buying one in our near future!


 We always get a picture with all the grandkids but this year didn't go too well.  I got that new camera and all I wanted was to take pictures of them all together!  
This is the best we got...... Of course my child has his eyes closed! Oh well, it's still a good picture of with them all and it will be funny to look back on later.

This one didn't go well either. Thad and Avery were screaming the entire time! Dawson and Jae look like they are so far away from the others but oh well!

 I think there was something about pictures this weekend that didn't go well.  Thad already had this big brother shirt and Oliver just got the same one from my aunt.  In every picture that Oliver was smiling, Thad was either crying or looking away.  In every picture Thad was smiling in, Oliver was looking down.  It still turned out cute.....
 Thad and Dawson are good buddies! They played so well together all weekend.  Dawson is such a good little boy.  He is 2 years older than Thad but they have such a good time together.  Dawson says the cutest and sweetest things too.  There was a scare at the lake this weekend with a jet ski- luckily everyone was just fine.  When we saw all the commotion by the water with the cops Dawson says "I just said a prayer in my heart that the person will be okay."  I asked him what his prayer was and his response was "I don't know, I already forgot, but it was a good one!"  He is just so sweet.

There was alot of climbing and wrestling with Papa.  He always gets beat up on and the kids love it!
 (Not sure what Thad is doing in this picture but it reminds me of a cheer move....shhhh don't tell daddy)

 We played Phase 10 and Oliver jumped in to play with us.
 Macie was making Oliver laugh so hard here.  It was the first time he really laughed out loud.  It was so cute.  I wish I would have gotten it on video.

 The boys love driving the barbie car! They wear it out so much it has to be on the charger every night.  

 We all sat around the fire and had smore's.  
The last day we were there we finally went in the water.  My parents have a fishing boat and the guys went fishing a few times.  The neighbor was selling his boat and my parents ended up buying it that weekend.  It is a nice boat to take out and fish and cruise around the lake.  

Adam, Thad, Mike and Dawson went tubing and about gave me a heart attack watching.  I knew Thad was in good hands but it still makes me so nervous seeing your child go that fast in a tube!  

The guys were saying faster but I was saying No! After awhile the little ones wanted to get out and the water was pretty chilly.  Adam and Mike went in a different tube that spun them around constantly and they were both sore after that ride!

We had a fun weekend with my family.  It's always a good time getting together with them even if it is chaotic!

No comments: