Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Team Lightning

Thad started soccer a few weeks ago and LOVES it!  I don't think he is going to be the next David Beckham but he still has a fun time.  Adam is the coach and I'm not sure if that is a good thing for Thad because he thinks he can get away with anything since Daddy is the coach!  

This was the first practice

 This picture says it all! All the other kids are listening to Coach Adam and what is my son doing......he is looking in the sky at a bird or plane maybe????
 The kids got to pick the name of their team and they chose Team Lightning.  I think it was rainy that day and one of the kids suggested it and they all went for it!  They like putting their hands in and saying "TEAAAAAMMMM LIGHTNING!!!!"

 We couldn't play soccer without Jesse and Chloe on our team!  These are Thad's best friends from Rhonda's house.  Poor Jesse looks like he is getting smooshed and screamed at! They all ended up on the ground after this shot.

 This was their first game.  I love this picture of Thad and Chloe.  So sweet.

Thad loves when the other kids fall down because it gives him a reason to dog pile them!  Before every game I have to tell him two things:  1. Don't touch the ball with your hands and 2. Please don't jump on any kids if they fall down.  It doesn't help because he is the first one to fall on top of them when they go down.  I got a couple good one's on video :)  Thad scored a goal at his first game.......but it was for the other team.  


 The best part of the game is the snacks and juice after!

 This was at his second game and I love this picture.  

Thad being the goaly (not sure how to spell that one!)  He stopped the ball a few times but as you can see he was running over to me to ask me if I was watching him!  Good thing it takes the other kids a while to get the ball back to his goal!

If you haven't watched 3 year olds play soccer I highly recommend it.  It is very funny to watch them try so hard to kick the ball.  Most of them get confused on which goal to kick it in but it's all for fun.  Thad has a great time playing even though he gets very distracted sometimes!  He told me after his game "playing soccer is hard work!"

1 comment:

Abby said...

ADORABLE! He looks like he is enjoying it. They wouldn't be little boys if they were paying attention ALL the time. ;)