Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rock Ledge Ranch

Thad has been asking for the past month to go to a farm and see chickens, sheep, cows, pigs, and horses.  We finally made it to Rock Ledge Ranch here in Colorado Springs.  It is beautiful there.  It was a nice afternoon and so Thad, Oliver and myself decided to go for a walk and see all the animals.  

Thad loved this pond with all the ducks.



This was a pretty cool tree that Thad could climb inside of.  He had to wear his soccer metal to the farm :)



The horses didn't want to come by us but we still got a good look at them.  Thad really wanted to pet one but maybe next time.


This piggy was being lazy laying in the mud.  



So excited being at the farm.  I love this kid so much and seeing all the excitement on his face is priceless.


Oliver was sleeping in the stroller most of the time.  I wish this picture didn't turn out so dark.  (I still need to learn features on my camera!)


He scared me a few times getting so close to the water but he really wanted to see those ducks.


We were the only ones walking around the ranch so it was peaceful.  Thad did want to see the farmer though! I told him he was probably taking care of other animals.


Oliver woke up so we tried one more picture on the self timer and every time I tried Ollie was looking over at Thad.


This place was so nice to walk through.  The leaves were falling and some of the paths made a bumpy stroller ride for Ollie but he didn't seem to mind.


I love going out and doing fun things with the boys.  Thad just wants to go, go, go all the time and he keeps me and Oliver hopping :)  It's much better being able to do these things whenever we want and not have to worry about working!

No comments: