Friday, October 3, 2008

First week at Rhonda's

We all survived Thad's first week at Rhonda's house! The first few days Thad didn't know what to think about being in a new place. He was a little sad and fussy but by the third day he knew it was a safe place for him to be. Rhonda said he was actually smiling at her by the third day. He is getting better with the bottle and is taking longer naps throughout the day since we have to get up EARLY! I miss the days of sleeping in until 9:00! They go on walks when the weather is nice, have picnics outside and play, play, play!!!! I think it will be good for him to be around other kids (especially when he gets older and is mobile). She said the other kids get sad when Thad is sad and try to comfort him. He is entertained by Izzy, her dog! We all know how much he loves his pug and Izzy is a bigger dog so he really likes her.


I am getting back into the swing of things at my work. The first day I was nervous, it felt like I didn't remember anything about my job but now it seems like I was never gone for 8 months!!! The days actually go by fast since it's a crazy time at work right now. It's nice having Friday's off! Rhonda sends us pictures of Thad throughout the week so that helps me get through the day. And of course I have a zillion pictures of him at my desk.
Thad's new friends!

3 comments:

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

What a big big boy you are Thad!! Mindy and Adam you are so stong I bet that is hard to do. He looks like he is having fun!!!!

Kathy K said...

How cute!! Most babies love kids so I bet he will have fun and they will love having him around!!! Hope Rhonda knows she has a well loved baby on her hands so she needs to take good care of him!!

Beth said...

He's a little trooper...and so is his Momma!! Look at all the new friends he has made and Rhonda sounds like a wonderful lady.