Saturday, October 25, 2008

Puree Baby Food

Everyone has been telling me that they used to puree their babies food so I decided to try it! I started out buying 5 cans of veggies and got 16 servings out of it. I even combined sweet potatoes and corn together! We had saved all the containers from the baby food we previously bought so now it makes perfect serving sizes! Now I need to try some fruits and see what combos I can come up with. Adam got online and did a little research on puree baby food and found some good information on it. If anyone else has done this or knows something I should be doing different, I'd love to hear it.

2 comments:

Sue Knopp said...

Dang, girl! That didn't take you long to do! Tony, Sue, and Emily

Brooke said...

You don't know me (Adam does). I am a friend of Beth's. I just saw your post on baby food and thought I'd tell you about a great book. I love making homemade baby food. You know exactly what's going in it and it saves a ton of money! I like to make a ton all at once and then I freeze it in ice cube trays. After they're frozen I transfer them to freezer bags labeled and dated and then just take out as many as I need at each meal!

Anyway...the book is called "Super Baby Food" by Ruth Yaron. I know that libraries in the Colorado Springs area have it if you want to check it out first. That's what I did. Hope this helps! I think it's kind of fun making baby food and coming up with fun combos. Ha! Good luck!