Sunday, October 5, 2008

Respect Life Sunday

Today at church we received a red rose as a symbol of respecting life. They showed a short video on commercials they will be releasing to spread the word about how important life is. This subject is very important to me which gets me emotional thinking about all the lives that have ended from abortion. I realize unplanned pregnancies happen, rape, etc but there is always a choice of adoption for your baby. A baby has the right to be born and experience life. Adoption is close to my heart as well because my brother and sister were adopted. My parents were told they would not be able to conceive a baby so they adopted my sister at birth as well as my brother two years later. They found out they were pregnant with me while going through the process of adopting my brother. Adam and I have even talked about adopting our next child. We know we have so much love to give a child and there are children out there who need love and a place to call home.

We are all God's children and he loves us all no matter what. I have a prayer card I got a few years ago. It is from Our Lady of Guadalupe Intercessor of the Unborn. This card recommends saying the following prayer daily for a period of one year:

"Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of the unborn baby that I have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion."

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, this is so great. I'm so glad you shared your family's story. There are so many crisis in this world but none so great as the more than 45 million children that have been killed by abortion over the last 35 years. Mother Teresa once said "If we say that a mother can kill her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill each other?" Thanks for this post.

Beth said...

Oh, this is so great. I'm so glad you shared your family's story. There are so many crisis in this world but none so great as the more than 45 million children that have been killed by abortion over the last 35 years. Mother Teresa once said "If we say that a mother can kill her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill each other?" Thanks for this post.

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.