Thursday, October 9, 2008

How do working moms do it......

I work 4 days a week, go to work at 7:30 am and leave work at 4:30 pm. By the time I pick Thad up and get home it is 5:00. Attempt to cook dinner, eat dinner, feed Thad, bath time, etc. its 8:00 pm and he is ready for bed. It's hard being away from Thad for 9 hours on those 4 days. There is just not enough hours in the day. I feel like I have no time to cook, clean or blog! I think it's hard with one baby, how do families do it with more than one child especially single moms. I'm thankful I have Adam to help me with Thad and the house duties. I've only been juggling work and mommy duties for almost a month and I'm already tired of it! Why can't we all just stay at home and still get paid for it! Wouldn't that be nice. I know we are doing the best for our family. With me carrying the health insurance andThad needing the best coverage not knowing what tomorrow will bring, if he'll need another surgery or procedure done. I would love to be at home with Thad like it used to be but I know it's good for him to spend time with Adam on Monday's and also for him to interact with his new friends at daycare. I'm sure it will get easier as we go and we'll get a schedule that we are used to. I just needed a little rant!

3 comments:

Kathy K said...

I'm with you. All those women of the 60's who were fighting for a women's right to be equal should of been fight for the right for a woman to have an equal choice to stay home or work outside the home. That said, I am sure there is no one who would want to be like the women in the middle east who can't even have any choices but have to stay home. And I am glad you can work 4 days a week and not have to spend your days at the hospital any more!!! Hang in there!!!

Beth said...

Hang in there, Mindo. It's just the season of your life and it won't last forever. Keep praying about it and there will be an answer.

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

Mindo your a great mom! We are sorry you have to work, but know Thad thanks you!