Thursday, January 15, 2009

52 Blessings- #2

My mom. She is one of my best friends, she is always there for me when I need to talk, cry or rant. She is understanding, loving, forgiving. She is a great grandma to Thad. If I need something I can always call her even if I have nothing to say I know she will be there to listen and give advice. I am finding myself to be more and more like her which if you would have told me this in highschool I would probably disagree but now each day I am finding myself to be more like her. Just simple things that she does or says I am saying or doing. For example she is a list maker for everything!!! I too have become a list maker whether its for the grocery store, things to do around the house or things to pack for a upcoming trip. If we are making a list for house chores and we have already vaccumed we will put vaccum on the list just so we can cross it off and feel like we have accomplished something.


I talk to her at least once a day, sometimes it can be more like 5 or 6 times a day. I will forget to tell her something so I call her back and vice versa! We even have a special ring for her when she calls our house so we know without looking at the caller ID that it is my mom. Adam is used to how much I talk to her and when he gets home he'll say "have you talked to Lou Bop today?" or "when's the last time you talked to your mom?" Yes we call her Lou Bop, I think Adam came up with this nickname since her name is Luci and last name is Knopp he just shortened it and now we call her Lou Bop.


Mom, thanks for being such a big part of my life and always being there for me when I need you whether its a question on how to make something or something more serious and personal. You are a great mother and I look forward to Thad growing up with you in his life. You can move to Colorado anytime!

No comments: