Tuesday, March 17, 2009

1243 Miles and 3 States in 4 Days

My college roommate Shiloh was having her bridal shower this past weekend in Kansas City, MO. She is getting married in Mexico and since we wouldn't be able to make it to the wedding I decided to surprise her for the shower. I was hoping Adam would have come with me but with work and a few other meetings he couldn't get out of it (actually I think it the long drive was the reason) so Thad and I loaded up and drove to Kansas on Thursday. We only had to stop 3 times along the way to Russell. It wasn't a very good trip for Thad, ever since we left Colorado he was grunting and trying to work something out. He slept a little of the way but he really liked to throw his toys and blankets on the floor on the side I couldn't reach! Around 8:00 we were about an hour from Russell when I see flashing red and blue lights behind me! We pulled over and the trooper came to my car and told me one of my headlights was out. The funny thing was when I pulled over and hit those little bumps on the side of the road it turned back on! He was a very nice guy took down my license and let me go on my way telling me to get it fixed as soon as possible. So after all that excitement we were a few blocks from my parents house when I hear Thad vomiting in the back seat. Not just a little but ALOT! I pull over to make sure he's okay and by this time he just wants out of his car seat. I get to my parents house unload everything, give Thad a bath which he wasn't in the mood for. He was still grunting from his earlier problem. Finally it came!!!! After the diaper change he was a new baby. He was happy crawling around and trying to talk to Smokey, my parents dog. He was drinking some milk and snacking on cheerios when he threw up again. I do have to say he is still a happy baby after he gets all the yuck yuck out. He woke up only once that night. He must have caught a 24 hour stomach bug. He had no interest in eating the next day either. Good thing for removable car seat covers that can be washed! I think I spent over 30 minutes cleaning out the little cracks.


On Friday afternoon we headed for Topeka where we spent the night. Thad was doing great on the car ride and slept most of the time. Saturday morning we drove to Kansas City for the shower. It was a long 10 hour total drive but it was worth all of it to see the look on Shiloh's face when she saw us. Both of us got teary eyed and she was very surprised to see us. Thad didn't know what to think about all those women, he turned into a BIG mama's boy this weekend. I was able to see some of my college friends and catch up with them. After the shower we headed back for Russell. Sunday we got up went to church and headed home for Colorado. A few stops along the way and FINALLY we pulled into home at 5:00 on the dot. What a long trip, just like the title says we went 1243 miles and visited 3 states in 4 days. Next time we decide to do this again we are definitely taking our daddy with us!!!!

Loving on mommy during the shower
Posted by Picasa
My college roommates, Rachel and Shiloh. As you can see Thad is in mid scream because we were getting too close to other people!!

No comments: