Thursday, March 5, 2009

Blessing 9

My dad is my blessing for this week. We are very close and I know I can talk to him about anything. He is very understanding, loving and has been there for me through everything. I have learned a lot from him and see him in myself. Working with him all through high school and college at my parents restaurant was very beneficial to me. He taught me my work ethic and what it means to work hard and get the job done.



Just like with my mom, I do things or say things and Adam comments "that is something my dad would do or say." I guess the saying is true about how you grow up to be your parents. I love all of his words of wisdom. He has many that he tells me over and over and a few are: He always reminds me not to drive with my cruise control on in the rain, always watch those overpasses and bridges when its icy, and every time I salt my food he comments how bad salt is for me, he says not to salt my food, there's enough salt already added in.

I have always been close to my dad and I know he cares about me very much. He is great with Thad and the rest of my neices and nephew. Thad lights up every time he sees his Papa Steve. He also knows when Papa is on the phone by the pig noise my dad does to Thad.
Thanks dad for always being there for me and taking care of me. I love you!

No comments: