Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cloth diapers

What have I done without cloth diapers?  When I was pregnant with Oliver I got a gift card to this little shop that sold cloth diapers and organic baby items.  We went in to use the gift card and I remember feeling so overwhelmed while looking at all the options.  They seemed so bulky and I didn't want to do laundry 5 times a day keeping up with them.  After much thought and now that Oliver is a little older we decided to give it a try.  I LOVE THEM! We started out with 2 diapers to try a few different kinds.  I love both of them- Dry Bee's have the velcro and the insert already sowed in the diaper.  The Whamies have snaps and you have to put in the insert.  They are both great and hold up very well with no leaking.  They make such cute designs it's hard to choose!  They are expensive to start with- about $20 a diaper but in the long run will save us tons of money and they are better for Oliver and the environment.  Ollie has had diaper rash every time we used certain disposable diapers.  Ever since we have had these his little bottom is rash free!   



I am addicted to them now! I can't wait to get a few more designs!

Check out his chunky legs!



If you are considering using cloth diapers you will love them.  Give them a try, they are so much better for the environment and baby!

No comments: