Friday, December 9, 2011

Oliver- 6 Months

Oliver is 6 months old today! What a little cutie pie he is.  We had his check up today and here are his stats:  18 lbs 4 oz and 28 inches long.  He is in the 70th percentile for weight and 90th percentile for height.  He is very tall! I guess he will take after his Papa Steve.  He hammed it up for the Dr.'s and nurses today and they all LOVED his diaper :) He had to get a few shots but was a little champ.  Thad was happy it wasn't him getting those shots.  


Oliver is slowly starting to roll over.  I guess I shouldn't worry too much because Thad didn't roll over until he was around 7 months.  He is sitting up but falls over occasionally.  He isn't sleeping through the nights either.  It's probably my fault since he sleeps right next to me :)  He only wants to snack 5 times throughout the night! When I told the Dr. that today she said it was up to me if I wanted to keep doing that or make daddy get up with him to put him back to sleep.  I'll run that by Adam and see what he thinks ;)


We have started feeding him cereal/veggies/fruits but he doesn't seem too interested in them just yet.  He just likes his mama milk :)  I am going to try the little disposable puffs this weekend and see if he likes that.  He is always interested in what I am eating so maybe he will like a little snack of his own.


It's hard to believe he is already six months old.  He is so fun and is still such a happy baby.  He is outgrowing his carrier for his car seat and it's way to heavy to tote around all day!  We may be switching him to Thad's car seat he had when he was a baby and bump Thad up to the next level of car seats.  Our Dr. told us today that they recommend keeping babies in a rear facing car seat until they are 2 years old! Yikes! I remember when Thad turned 1 we switched him to forward facing and he LOVED being able to see me and out the front window.  I can't imagine keeping Ollie turned around until 2!  


Adam and I were looking through Thad's baby pictures last week to see the resemblance between the two.  I was trying to find the same shirt Thad wore when he was 6 months but it's packed away with the summer clothes.  Look how chunky Thad was a six months! We were talking about who was cuter at this stage but it just might be a tie! They are both super cute! I remember Thad being so chunky he looked like he was going to pop if you touched him.  Ollie is chunky but he seems to have his weight evenly proportioned to his body.  Two sweet boys!




No comments: