Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Oliver's 1st Plane Ride

Oliver got to take his first plane trip last weekend.  I was very nervous and not looking forward to it but once again he proved me wrong and was so GOOD! I am the co-coordinator for our local Mended Little Hearts of Colorado Springs group.  They have a national conference every year where all the coordinators for MLH groups around the U.S. get together and share ideas.  It was a busy weekend filled with meetings and networking but I am so glad I was able to go.  We got some great new ideas to bring back to our group.  

One of the flight attendants in the airport gave Ollie this cute little frog animal.


Getting ready to board the plane! We went to Dallas so it was a quick hour and a half flight.  He loved looking out the window and the air blower that was coming from the ceiling.  I packed way to much in my carry on because I wasn't sure what I would all need to entertain him.  All he needed was a sippy cup and a few snacks! He fell asleep right after we landed in Dallas and slept while we maneuvered through the airport.  


Since I was attending meetings throughout the weekend we had to hire a nanny in Dallas to look after Ollie.  It was great, she came to our hotel and stayed with him in the room.  We had the same nanny all 3 days.  I was a little worried since he has never been with anyone else but again he did just fine.  He cried a bit when I left but calmed down once I was out of sight.  He was so worn out that he slept all night the first night we were there.  That was nice!


 Checking out the view from our hotel room.

I had some help on the trip which made it much easier.  Mary, my co-coordinator went to the conference as well.  




I love this picture of him looking out the window.  I wonder what he was thinking!



He had a busy weekend too and fell asleep right before we landed.  He was a tired boy when we got home and slept the whole night again. (I could get used to that!)


It was a great trip and even better for Oliver's first time flying.  I was a little worried Thad would be jealous that Oliver got to fly before him.  We made sure we brought Thad back lots of souvenirs! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a good boy! Children after the initial excitement would start feeling cranky after being stuck in the plane for a long time, but Oliver has been a very good boy. I admit, I was a fussy child in my first few rides. I was very bored and the only thing that could interest me was the Disney movies. I kept playing "Little Mermaid" and "Beauty and the Beast" over and over during the trip. Hmm, those were such lovely times.

Cash Carroll