Saturday, August 23, 2008

Date night with Adam

Last night Adam and I had an actual date! Our friend Natalie offered to watch Thad while we went out for a double celebration- our Anniversary and my birthday. We had dinner at Olive Garden, ran to Michaels and rented a movie. It was very wierd being without Thad. We were only gone for an hour and a half and I missed him like crazy. I only called Natalie twice during that time just to check on him and make sure he was okay. (I wanted to call alot more but Adam said he's fine, you don't need to call!) Of course he was okay, he likes hanging out with Nat. They played on the floor, ate mashed potatoes and sat outside. I know I missed him more than he missed us. He probably didn't even realize we were gone. We did get a big smile when we pulled up so that felt good!

I met Natalie over 5 years ago when we both worked at Pier 1. Funny thing is, we are related! We started talking about being from Kansas and I mentioned my Grandma Knopp's maiden name and wouldn't you know that is her Grandma's last name! My dad and her mom are second cousins. So we might be distantly related but how odd to move to Colorado and then meet her. She was a bridesmaid in our wedding and has been a great friend to us. She has been there for us when our world was upside down. She always takes care of our house whether its getting the mail or letting Chauchi out if we are going to be gone for a while. Thanks for always being there for us and being such a great friend and a great "Aunt" to Emma and Thad!

4 comments:

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

Thad, you look very happy with Natalie!! Glad your mom & dad got some time for a date.

Luci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luci said...

I'm glad you guys have Natalie out there with you.

Wonderfallz said...

Oh I wish I could babysit Thad too!