Saturday, August 9, 2008

What's in a name

Okay Beth, here goes! Beth (Adam's sister) did a blog about her families names.......so here it goes for our family names!

Adam Max-
Adam's middle name was for sure going to be Max since it is his dad's middle name. When I asked Kathy why she chose Adam she said they were going to try a J name to match Jason, Jill and Jena but that would leave Beth out. She liked the name Keith but it didn't go well with Max. She wanted a short and simple name and also looked through baby name books and chose Adam.

Some of Adam's nicknames from his childhood are, "little guy" because Adam was the youngest in his family, "hamburger" because he was always getting scraped up, and bulldozer because he would put his head down and plow forward. His friends from highschool called him "sneak or skunker." They started out calling him sneak(not sure why?) and someone asked one time, "what do you call him, skunk?" and that's how skunker started! When we went back to Tribune for fair I still heard a few of his friends call him skunker. I never call him Adam and when I do he thinks he's in trouble! I guess for the past three years I have called him "daddy"(I know he's not my daddy but since he is the daddy to my children it just stuck) so it seems wierd when I call him Adam.

Mindy Renee
When my parents were deciding on names for me they had to have a "M" name because my sister and brother were named Michelle and Mike. My mom started picking M names such as Margaret, Mary, Melissa and Mindy. She would say my sister and brother's names with each of the M names she picked out and decided Mindy sounded the best with Michelle and Mike. We were called the three M's growing up!
When I was growing up people would always ask me "Where's Mork?" from the TV show "Mork and Mindy." Almost anywhere I would go I would have someone ask me that question. It got very old very fast! Not too many people ask me that now but every once in a while I get the infamous question!
My nicknames over the years have been: Roonie-given by my sister because she couldn't say Mindy Renee so it was Mindy Roonie which she still calls me every once in a while. Mindo-not sure how this one came about but I got the nickname in college. Minow- from my nephew Zekke, one day he just started calling me Minow and still does. Min, which is what my parents usually call me and Adam mostly calls me mamma or Mindo and rarely calls me Mindy. My nieces started calling me Didi almost 6 years ago! Shayna couldn't say Mindy so she would call me Didi and it just stuck! Even now they can say my name but it seems wierd when they do so I prefer them to call me Didi. This is probably my most popular nickname!


Emma Renee
I think I was the one who really chose Emma's name. From the first time we found out we were having a girl Emma was the only name in my head. I always thought it would be cool to have twins and name them Emma and Ethan! Well we only got one so Emma it was. Even if we wanted to change her name at birth we couldn't have! Emma was known by everyone from carepages to pre-nantal visits. Her carepage was already named EmmaYounger before she was 4 months old in utero! Her middle name obviously came from my middle name.

Emma had a few nicknames such as: Emma girl, baby girl, bg (from the initials baby girl) and Adam sometimes called her Emerson! Emma Renee is the perfect name for our little angel.


Thaddeus Max
We were debating between a few names for Thad. I really like the name Ethan (since I didn't have my twins I could still have Ethan and Emma!) We were set on Max for the middle name since that is Adams middle name and also his dad's middle name. We really didn't think Ethan Max went well together so my Ethan name got vetoed. We had heard Thaddeus in the Bible from St. Jude Thaddeus and really liked it and it went well with Max. So that is how Thaddeus's name came about. Now I couldn't imagine calling him anything else but Thad!

He has a few nicknames such as: Thad, Peanut, Thaddy, baby boy, fuzzy butt(Adam started calling him fuzzy butt because he would rub his head and his hair is fuzzy!), and last but not least is pug baby! Yes, we call our baby boy "pug baby" but there is a little story behind it. We call Chauchi "pug" alot and for some odd reason started calling Adam "pug daddy" and then he would call me "pug mamma" so it only seemed right to call Thad "pug baby". We try not to call him pug baby in public so people don't look at us funny!!!!

I also have to comment on our last name. You would be surprised how many people would come into my work and say, "Younger, yea I guess you are younger than everyone here" or if I would tell them my full name they would say "younger than what?" or my favorite "well at least when you get older you'll still be younger!"


Now you know all our crazy nicknames and the history of our names.
(This was fun Beth!)

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yea, you did so good!! You mentioned people making comments about Younger. I was at a clinic once and my folder said "B Younger". The Dr walked in and said, "Yea, we should all BE younger." Blah. Next time you see Grandpa Erv ask him about his friend with the last name Older. I don't know if it's true or not but he has a story.

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

Good job Mindo I need to get mine done. Adam do you remember when we called you Jadam because we thought you might be a Gooch boy! It was fun to hear all the nicknames and we love the new background!!