Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blessing 26-Heart Walk 2009

We had a great time at the Heart walk. It was a bit chilly and drizzled a little. We intended to do the 3 mile walk but ended up only doing the 1 mile walk! My mom and Macie were still in town so they walked with us. After one block Macie asked if it was time for a break yet!!!!

We made signs and buttons to wear along with our "The beat goes on" t-shirts. This is a heart support group I found in Colorado Springs so we had a team walking. We made a sign for Macie that said 'In memory of my cousin Emma' She was very proud to carry her sign and got many comments on it.

Thad's friend AnnaSophia was there so they flirted just a little and held hands! They are too cute together. Mary (AnnaSophia's mom) and I talked and said when they are 30 they can get married!


It was a great time with booths filled with healthy information. They had a bouncer for the kids, music and lots of freebies.


Thad got his very own heart hat and a pin to start collecting each year we walk.

Thad had a new friend he found. I can't believe he wasn't scared of the big bird! He wanted to give him many hugs.


It was great to have Grandma and Macie walk with us. Adam wasn't able to get off work for the walk so it was nice to have other walkers with us.



We made it in the cold windy wet weather!!! I wish it would have been warmer for the kids but we still had a good time and Thad walked over the finish line. He got many comments today and we are so blessed he is doing so well. We're ready for next year's walk!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Beth said...

LOL. That bird cracked me up.

Luci said...

Macie and I really enjoyed the Heart Walk.Im glad we only did a mile because I had to drive 5 and a half hours after the walk...Luci

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun doing the walk. I sure wish Emma could walk with you. Loved the Emma sign!