Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Kansas Getaway!


We had a long weekend in Kansas for my cousin's wedding. We made a few stops along the way. Wednesday night we stayed in Goodland and hung out with Jena and Jill and all the boys. Thad had a little hitting issue and was beating up on poor Joshy! Sorry Josh that Thad was hitting you! You'll get him back one day. It was also Josh's first birthday. We then left for Russell on Thursday.

Thad had a good time hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa and seeing the girls. He too hit them especially Shayna, he attacks her!! We are working on his hitting and it's just a phase so hopefully he grows out of it quickly!

The wedding was in Wichita where it was HOT! The heat in Kansas with the humidity makes it hard to breathe!! It was all indoors so it wasn't too bad. We also went swimming a few days so it helped cool us down.

My whole family made it to the wedding. It was my cousin on my dad's side so 8 out of 9 of his siblings made it home. It was good seeing all the Aunts, Uncles and cousins. It makes me feel old seeing all my little cousins so grown up.

Thad had a good time playing with Dawson and dancing. He loves to dance so he was out on the dance floor showing all the ladies his special moves and trying to steal binkies from the other babies!!!

Here is my family with my brother's girlfriend Alicia (who is expecting in November), Mike, Dawson, Shayna, Macie, Hannah, my sister Michelle, Doug, my parents and Adam, Thad and I.

We left Wichita on Sunday and headed back for Russell. We stopped off in Salina to see Adam's dad and Grandparents. It's always nice to stop and visit with them. They were excited to see Thad and see how big he is!
It was a fun weekend but we had one more stop before heading home! My friend Kristi from college was headed back home to Wamego so we pulled off interstate at Wilson to see her for a quick 15 minute stop! She is pregnant with her first child due in just a month. We haven't seen each other in 5 years! She looked super cute and I'm glad we were able to meet up for a few minutes.

After all that traveling we stayed the night in Russell and headed back to Colorado on Monday. We had a good time even though it was hot! We had so much fun we are going to do it all again next weekend! My 10 year class reunion is next weekend in Russell so we are headed back in a few days for July 4th weekend.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

What a busy little trip you had! Loved all the family pictures. Joshy says no big deal on the hitting, I'm sure it's a phase!!!