Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Family Reunion

This past weekend Thad and I went back to Kansas for a Family Reunion on my dad's side. It was my Grandma's (my dad's mom) side of the family. My mom didn't know we were coming so she was very surpised when she saw us! We rode with my Uncle Tony and then came back with my mom since she was coming to Colorado for the week.
We went to my parents cabin first at Cedar Bluff where 5 of my Aunt's and Uncle's met up. Macie was also there since she was coming to Colorado with my mom. She took Thad on several rides in the barbie car which he loved!


We also took a ride in the razor my parent's fun new toy they got for the lake. The water was cold so we didn't go swimming but Thad like walking around the lake.

After a night at the cabin we all loaded up in 4 vehicles and traveled to Colby where the Reunion was. Of course we made a few stops in Leoville and Seldon. We stopped by a few of the cemetary's to see Great Grandparents and my Grandparent's grave site.

I didn't know a whole lot of people at the reunion but I was able to see some Aunt and Uncle's(my dad's brothers and sisters). A total of 7 out of 9 siblings were there so it was good to visit with them.

We had a BBQ Saturday night in the park. Thad and Macie had a fun time playing. This park was HUGE!!! There were a total of 6 slides, lots of swings and other fun things to climb on. Thad went down the slide a few times with Papa Steve and was hooked on the swings.

Posted by Picasa
It was a quick trip back to Kansas but I'm glad we went. We rode back with my mom and Macie and kept them company for the trip back to Colorado.

No comments: