Monday, June 1, 2009

Big Weekend

We had a big weekend, my parents came out for a few days and brought my neices Shayna and Hannah. On Friday we went to the zoo and had a great time. The giraffes are my absolute favorite so of course we had to feed them all. Thad didn't eat the crackers this time but let the giraffes eat them all.



Thad was tired of riding in the stroller so he decided he wanted to walk a little.


Papa was showing Thad the big bear!


After our big day at the zoo we went on a little wagon ride down the block.
On Saturday my mom, Shayna and I hit up the local garage sales! It was a fun day with lots of laughs and getting in and out. I have been on the hunt for some outside toys for Thad. I try looking on Craigs list and it seems like I just miss out on it because someone called faster. We found a little tykes tool bench with tools. Thad loves it and likes to hit the hammer! There is a little cordless drill that even lights up and makes noise.




When we got home with no luck from finding toys for outside my mom looked on Craigs list and saw some that were just posted. I called and suprisingly I was the first caller! Luckily my aunt was available to haul it all for us. Thad got this cool slipper slide that he loves and a little clubhouse/slide/swing to play on.




My mom brought this swing so for now we hung in by our porch swing. It's a little wobbly but Thad likes it.

Adam even conned Shayna and Hannah into picking weeds. He was offering 5 cents for each weed they pulled. I think he still owes Hannah $2.00. She was asking him for it everyday.

We had a fun time and a busy weekend of running around. When Thad first saw the girls he ran up and gave them big hugs. He's really into hugging little kids right now. He tilts his head and makes an "ahhhh" sound. By the end of the weekend he went from hugs to hitting and pulling off their glasses. Adam was also Confirmed on Sunday but I'll post more of that later.
Thanks again for a great weekend mom and dad!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kathy K said...

The outdoor toys look great!! Look forward to helping Thad crawl around on them!!

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

Thad Joshy can't wait for you to show him around the Zoo and your new play toys!!

Beth said...

Fun, fun, fun.