Monday, June 11, 2012

It's a pirate life


Thad was at my mom's house for a week so we decided to redo his room! A friend of mine has a friend who is building her art business.  All we had to do is pay for the paint and she did it for FREE! 


It turned out so cute! It only took her a few days to paint.  

I painted this pirate map on canvas and think it turned out pretty darn cute! I used one of Thad's pirate maps for inspiration and copied it to the map.  I traced a few things but the rest was done free hand (and I'm not an artist!)  


I found this online, printed it and framed it.  It looks pretty cool in his room :)


I took his piggy bank that used to be light blue and painted it red and gave it an eyepatch.  Now he's a pirate pig!


We decided to rearrange his room and moved his bed against the other wall.  It makes the room a little bigger and shows off his pirate wall better.


I used his old lamp and removed the glued on circles it used to have.  I traced the pirate sword and crossbones on it to give it a new look.


Painted these cute frames and found the flag, pirate, etc. at Hobby Lobby.  


When Thad came home he was so surprised! He went and gave it a hug!  He wanted to know if he could go on the ship.  I'm really happy how everything turned out.  I think I'm more excited than anyone else but its fun to do these things for Thad.  He is such a good little boy and I like seeing the excitement on his face.  I really like that I could use his same things in his room and turn them into something new.  


No comments: