Monday, June 25, 2012

Rock and Walk

This past weekend was the Colorado Rock and Walk.  It is a walk through the Tears Foundation which is a non profit group who assists bereaved parents with the financial expenses they face in making final arrangements for their baby who passed away.

This is Colorado's second year of having a walk.  I saw information advertised and wanted to walk in Memory of Emma.  They make these butterfly keepsakes for each baby who has passed away.  As you start out on the walk they have the butterfly's lined.




I have met a very dear friend, Adie through my heart group.  Her husband Chuck was born with a congenital heart defect and is currently waiting for a heart transplant.  Adie has two children and her first son Tyler passed away 12 years ago.  After we met we had an instant connection and could talk for hours about Tyler and Emma.  


Something so terrible as loosing a child has brought Adie and I this wonderful friendship.  We get along very well and have a special bond through Tyler and Emma.  We know they both had a hand in bringing us together.  Adie is so strong and her family is such a blessing in my life!


 It was so HOT the day of the walk. It got close to 100 degrees and we were exhausted by the end of it! It was a 5K so it was just over 3 miles.  



Another person I have met along this journey is Liz.  She had twins last summer Parker and Brayden.   Brayden passed away from Hypo Plastic Left Heart when he was just 3 months old.  My heart aches for all these families who have just lost a baby and going through all the emotions.  I know we are almost 6 years since Emma passed away and it never gets easier but for these families starting this journey I feel so sad for them and the heartache they are facing.


 Adie, Liz and I

Before the walk we wrote a message on the balloons and after it we released them.  It was so beautiful seeing these balloons released in memory of the babies gone to soon. 




No comments: