Friday, September 26, 2008

Back to work

Well I survived my first three days back to work. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. They actually flew by pretty fast. Adam and Thad had a good time hanging out together. It was weird not being around him all day, feeding him, getting him dressed, etc... I came home for lunch everyday and it was nice to see Thad get so excited to see me. Now I know how Adam feels when he gets home from work and see's the smile on Thad's face and his arms are going wild for him to pick him up. They made a sign for me that said "Welcome Home Mommy, we love you!"
Next week I think it will be a little harder because Thad will actually go to the babysitters house. We found a wonderful Christian lady who does in home daycare. She has two full time kids who will be there everyday and then a few part timers. Thad will go there Tues, Wed and Thursday's. We met with her on Thursday and Thad enjoyed seeing the other kids which will probably be good for him to be around to occupy his day. There was a sweet little girl there and when we asked her name, it was Emma. It made my heart melt looking at her. She is two years old so maybe that is a sign that we are supossed to be with this babysitter.

Now I get to focus on the weekend and the two full days I'll get to spend with Thad. If I had a choice I would definitely want to stay at home. It was nice getting out and seeing other adults but I would much rather have my Thaddy time at home.
Adam enjoyed his time with Thad these past few days and has been singing the "Mr. Mom" song by Lonestar. He said he didn't think he could stay at home everyday but definitely enjoyed his time with Thad. I tried not to call too many times during the day but it was hard not to!!

2 comments:

Kathy K said...

Sounds like you are off to a good start. I thought of you all week!! But, I knew you two could handle this step...Now if Thad will drink from a cup or a bottle, you will have it made!

Beth said...

I'm glad you made it through the first few days. Surely those will be the hardest!! Thad is a lucky boy. You guys have jumped through hoops to make sure he's getting the best care while you're at work. He will only know that he gets to meet some new friends and won't that be fun. We love you guys. xoxoxo