Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I know a good deal when I see one!

Beth posted a blog about finding good deals and asked us to share when we found a good deal. Well mine is on cereal! I went to Safeway and found cereal on sale for 2 boxes for $5.00. Doesn't seem like that good of a deal yet, but if you buy 5 boxes you automatically save $5.00. So if I buy 5 boxes at $2.50 a box the total would be $12.50 minus the $5.oo I saved for buying 5 boxes. Then I had two different coupons saving another $3.00 so I purchased 5 boxes of cereal for $4.50!!!! I thought that is a heck of a savings so I went back the next day and bought five more boxes because I had two more coupons for $2.50 off. So to sum it up, I bought 10 boxes of cereal for $9.50. Can't beat that!

4 comments:

Kathy K said...

Hey, that does sound good!! And cereal keeps a long time if it isn't opened. Ask Adam if he remembers shopping for cereal at Dillions!!

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

I remember shopping for cereal at Dillions!! Mom would give us a coupon and it was a race to find that box. It really felt like we did that forever!! Mindo your cereal looks GOOD I might have to come your way, I LOVE CEREAL!!!!!!!

Beth said...

GREAT DEAL!!! You can never have enough cereal. It's like an anytime food. It works for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I, too remember the Dillon's cereal marathon. I swear we left that store with 100 boxes of cereal. As we were checking out the kid that was sacking asked if we needed milk to go along with it. We were in heaven for months (or at least it seemed to take that long to devour all that cereal). It was like having a cereal isle in our basement.

Mindy said...

Adam has told me that story many times. He said he felt like the coolest kid in the grocery store going through the isles with a cart full of cereal!