Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The time has almost come.....

I can't believe how fast these past 8 months have gone. I start back to work on September 24th-less than 2 weeks!!. In the back of my head I really never thought this day was going to come. I think I was hoping for a miracle, like winning the lottery! I guess I already got my miracle with Thad. We have found a wonderful babysitter for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Adam will work Tuesday through Saturday and have Monday's off so he can be at home with him. I will be off on Friday's so he will only be at the sitter's for 3 days a week. I think it will be good for him to be around other people. We found her through a guy at Adam's work and she couldn't be better for us. She is close to his work so he can always run over there if he needs to. She has been through so much in her life including beating pancreatic cancer with a 3% chance of living. She is a wonderful Christian woman and will teach Thad alot. We have started going to her house to get Thad adjusted to her and so far so good. It will definitely be much harder on me than him. He will adjust just fine and I'll be the emotional wreck. I will miss him like crazy but I have been fortunate to have stayed at home with him for 8 months.

4 comments:

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

We are sad you have to go back to work, but it will be ok. I'm sure Thad will have a blast and we hope your week will go fast!! We will try to work on that lottery winning and get you back home!!!

Beth said...

Enjoy your last couple of weeks at home with him and don't fret about going back to work. You're doing the responsible thing. You're right; this will probably be harder on you than on him. And look at the baby sitter you found....you couldn't have found a better one! It's just the season of your life and no situation is permanent. Love you guys!! xoxoxo

Kathy K said...

I think it is great that you have your degree and are able to have a good job with it that has benefits!! Beats working at minimum wage! We are proud of you. Hopefully, you will enjoy the ladies at the office!!

Luci said...

I'm sure Thad will do fine with his new babysitter. I wish we lived closer so I could watch him!