Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Darn foot!

So I have a eventful foot story for you all! Thursday I went to see a Podiatrist because my big toe had been hurting for a very long time and was starting to get red around the toe nail. I went in thinking maybe he would prescribe me something to take and it would feel all better but instead he gives me 2 shots in my big toe which by the way hurt worse than childbirth! Then he decides its best to cut a chunk out of my toe nail since it might be ingrown. Piece of cake right, WRONG! I have never been in so much pain in my life! So he says take it easy, don't wear shoes except flip flops and keep it propped up for a few days. Wrong time to have it happen when we were going to the lake for the weekend. I got home after my appointment and could barely walk. I ended up calling him after 3 hours of laying on the couch not able to get up and carry Thad around. He called in the prescription and an hour later I felt much better! By Sunday my foot was feeling much better I was beginning to walk flat again and without a limp. My mom and I went for a ride in the golf cart and I was driving when a grasshopper jumps on me. I stop the cart and am trying to flick it off(while my mom is laughing hysterically) and notice it was now in my shirt. I jumped off so fast and lifted my shirt did a nice little dance trying to remove it from inside my shirt and I feel a sting on my other foot. So I'm yelling, I just got bit by something as my foot turns beat red and starts to swell. My uncle was in the 4-Wheeler behind us and gives me ice to put on it and my mom takes over driving. We make it back to the cabin where I am limping now on both feet and plop on the couch. Then everyone was talking about what if it was a scorpion sting!?!?!? I think they were just trying to scare me and I definately think it was just a bee sting.

Too much drama for my feet. I am so paranoid someone is going to step on my toe! My bee sting quit hurting after a few hours and my other toe is healing, I hope. Its very red but I go back to see him on Moday so hopfeully he won't dig around in it again.

But after all that drama, Thad survived his first weekend at the lake. My parents bought a lake house at Cedar Bluff in Kansas so we packed up and went back for Labor Day Weekend. The weather was nice but very windy! We never made it out on the boat but had fun anyway. Thad and I came back to Russell since Adam is at a retreat for his work. We are hanging out with Grandpa and Grandma for the week and will go back on Sunday. The weather here has been cold and rainy. Of course I was thinking it would be warm and didn't pack too many pants and long shirts. Good thing we can just snuggle inside!

3 comments:

Kathy K said...

OUCH!!

Luci said...

Your dance trying to get the grasshopper off was very funny! But I am glad both feet are better.

Beth said...

This made me laugh....sorry you're feet are miserable. That's no fun. Afterall, we use those things every day!!!